Non-Stop AI infrared camera for a safer non-contact elevated temperature scan!
- 30Hz frame rate detector with 160 x 120 resolution
- A.I. facial detection and track, AI self-calibration
- Variable temperature measurement distance 2.6 to 10 feet
- Email notification for remote monitoring
- Customizable audio and visual alarms
- Automatic temperature compensation of environmental change
- Optional automatic snapshot and saving to (cloud) drive
- Statistics on screening and alarm numbers
- Intelligently suppress non-facial high temperature sources in scene
- Modbus TCP/IP for the integration of other automation equipment
- Privacy mode to comply for information protection
- Can be paired with a Blackbody temperature reference source with improved accuracy (stability)
- Fotric 223B is not a medical device and can only measure temperature
- Camera/software only. Laptop/fixture not include.
- FOTRIC 223B Quick Start Guide, Software and Instruction Videos
Streamlined non-contact temperature screening camera with high efficient temperature scanning up to 40 people in one minute with single line format
Flexible non-stop scan setup
Fotric 223B with built-in AI can scan single or mass human flow simultaneously for elevated temperature screening. Best practice is indoor use with detection distance of 3 ft to 10 ft.
Fotric 223B is capable of scanning single or multiple people simultaneously, scanning one person at a time is recommended per the recent guidelines from the US Food and Drug Administration. With a proper line setup, testing subjects can move towards the camera and get temperature read without stopping, which can keep the line moving and reduce congestion.
Automatic facial detection and lock
Fotric WLIR software has a built-in AI face detection module to automatically lock face for temperature measurement and to intelligently shield hot objects such as as a coffee cup to avoid false alarms.
AI Intelligent temperature calibration algorithm to prevent false alarms
Easy automatic initial setup with 10 samples for calibration. Fotric WLIR software has a built-in AI temperature calibration algorithm, which automatically collects temperature in different scenarios for self-learning, and adjusts the temperature alarm threshold in real time by adapting to ambient temperature changes, preventing abnormal temperature alert due to morning or night temperature differences.
Automated and instant alarms for abnormal temperature detection
When Fotric 223B detects an abnormal temperature, voice alarm will be triggered immediately, along with a red box shown on the target face on the real-time video with an automatic snap shot of both infrared image and visible light image.
Automatic counting and statistics on screening
When an alarm is triggered, system will automatically capture a photo of the detected person for later statistics and analysis. Fotric WLIR can automatically count the number of screened personnel and the number of suspected elevated temperature alarms during the screening process, for an epidemic prevention and control.
High quality radiometric image with accurate temperature measurement. Temperature measurement stability of 0.5C
Fotric 223B is equipped with high resolution Polysilicon FPA, a single photo records more then 19k effective temperature measuring points, even human hair can be seen.
Fotric 223B supports 7x24 hours of continuous temperature monitoring operation with a temperature stability of 0.5C.
Automatically face recognition to avoid false alarms and automatic snapshot of abnormal temperature alarms
Built in AI dual light face detection algorithm, only detect face temperature with 100% passing rate. Other hot or cold object such as hot water won't trigger the abnormal temperature detection alarm. Note: the hot object cannot be placed right in front of the face.
When an alarm is triggered, system will automatically capture a photo of the detected person for further confirmation.
Intelligent AI temperature calibration algorithm to prevent false-alarm due to environmental changes
Built in AI deep learning temperature calibration algorithm can automatic collect face temperature in different scenarios for self learning to adapt ambient temperature changes real time adjustment.
More AI features in Fotric WLIR software
AI with self learning, automatically people counting, etc.
- Airports / Hospitals / Hotels / Bus Stations / Concerts / Educational Institution / Government facilities, Border control / Military facilities / Office Buildings / Port of Entries / Public Events / Shopping malls / Supermarket / Zoo
- Small, medium and large businesses / Factories and warehouses / Hotels / Restaurants / Venues, theaters and arenas / Nursing homes / Schools and daycares / Gyms and other sports facilities
- Fotric 226B used in ECPI University Campus https://www.live5news.com
Have a problem with your FOTRIC 226B camera?
- FOTRIC 226B Quick Start Guide, Software and Instruction Videos
- FAQ - Fotric 226B AI temperature screening thermal imager camera
- FOTRIC 226B Product Brochure and Manuals
- How to Set Up Fotric 462 Blackbody Calibrator for Fotric 226B Fotric 223B Temperature Screening Cameras
Fotric 223b is an Non-Stop Elevated Skin Temperature Scan Thermal Camera Powered by A.I. It is an elevated body temperature screening thermal camera developed for quick temperature screening of mass human traffic and alarm for abnormal temperature. Fotric 223b is not marketed or intended to be used as a medical device for fever scan to diagnose corona-virus COVID-19. This device does not determine the core body temperature of subjects. Actual core body temperature can only be determined using an approved clinical measurement device. Further medical inspection should be performed to confirm the screened and alarmed out people.
You should always follow FDA and CDC instructions and rules when using any telethermographic system, and should consult with your attorney concerning relevant legal requirements and best practices for implementation and COVID-19 screening.
FAQ - Fotric 226B and 223B AI temperature screening thermal imager camera scanner
Here is the list of possible issues you may encounter and the solutions/suggestions for your Fotric 226B and 223B AI group temperature screening thermal imaging camera and Fotric WLIR software operation.
1. Backlighting problem (cannot detect human face)
The recommended installation environment for the FOTRIC 226B and 223B is indoors with good lighting. Try to avoid a backlit environment, which can affect the accuracy of face detection or even result in detection failure.
When the device is facing a door or window, the facial detection failure in the figure below may occur.
It is recommended to change the orientation of the device or turn on the indoor lights to reduce the effect of backlighting.
2. Accurate focus
The FOTRIC 226B and 223B use manual focus adjustment, and it can only correctly measure temperature if its focus is accurate. If the focus is not accurate, the infrared image can be blurred, and the corresponding measured temperature can also result in a large error.
Blurred focus and inaccurate temperature
Accurate focus and accurate temperature
To use the device correctly, the visible and infrared images must be matched.
The picture below shows an unmatched photo. It can be seen that the visible light detection frame (right) is positioned to the face, while the infrared detection frame (left) does not match the face position. The temperature test result obtained is incorrect, as it has not read a human face temperature.
After matching, the face detection frame of the infrared photo and the visible light photo are in the same position, so the measured result is accurate
4. Threshold mode
The threshold mode directly displays the human body surface (face) temperature. The body surface temperature is greatly affected by the environment.
In threshold mode, the temperature compensation can be performed manually, and the compensation temperature value is ≤10 °C.
5. HawkAI Mode
The working principle of the HawkAI mode is that the FOTRIC 226B and 223B first collects the human body surface (face skin) temperature, and then automatically calculates the compensation temperature through the AI algorithm to convert the human face skin temperature into the real body temperature. HawkAI mode can adjust the compensation temperature value in real time according to the flow of people continuously passing the temperature measurement point, so as to adapt to the change of ambient temperature.
Please note: The AI mode is designed with caution. The goal is to screen out people with a high body temperature in the crowd, and then perform a second temperature measurement. Body temperature varies from person to person; the biggest difference can be as high as 1-2 °C. With careful consideration, please have the screened person to stabilize for 5-10 minutes, and then perform a second temperature measurement. If their temperature is still high, it is recommended to use a medical thermometer to repeat the measurement.
6. HawkAI mode data sampling
When using AI mode, the software will prompt: “You have to resample temperature for 10 sets”. We recommend sampling the temperature of 10 different people with variations, so that the temperature compensation value of the AI algorithm can fit most people.
7. No alarm above 40 ℃
When the measured temperature of the human face exceeds 40 °C, the software will not emit an alarm. The software’s upper limit of the alarm temperature is 40 °C. If the temperature of the human body exceeds 40 ° C, the person would feel unmistakably ill and should go to the hospital for treatment immediately. If the person keeps appearing in some places, he or she may use many methods to reduce his or her face temperature to prevent being detected by infrared thermal imaging devices.
8. The effect of distance on temperature measurement
First, we recommend that the location of the temperature measurement point is fixed, and the distance from the device to the measurement point is also fixed. Then the device is focused and matched under this premise. Therefore, when the person to be inspected reaches the temperature measurement point, the focal length is appropriate, and the measured temperature is accurate.
If the person being inspected continues to walk towards the IR imaging camera,
he/ she will be closer to the infrared camera, the focal length of the infrared image changes, and the measured temperature may increase.
Therefore, when the FOTRIC 226B or 223B thermal camera is installed, we recommend that the temperature measurement route to be arranged in an "L" shape. After reaching the determined temperature measurement point, the channel turns left or right by 90°.
9. Face detection
This function needs to be activated online for first-time use. Then the network
connection is no longer needed after activation. Please note: The network can be disconnected after activation, but do not disable the network, otherwise the software will prompt that it cannot connect to the visible light camera and the face detection function needs to be activated again. Please also make sure that the computer time is consistent with the local time.
10. Cannot display visible light image
There may be several reasons when the software prompts that the visible light (DC) image connection fails: 1. The USB cable connection of the visible light camera is faulty. Please reconnect or try again with a different USB port on the computer; 2. The computer may not have a camera driver installed. Please go online (Logitech official website: https://www.logitech.com), download and install the relevant driver. 3. Please check if the network is disabled. Disabling the network may cause the visible light image to fail.
11. Cannot display infrared thermal image
First, please make sure that the device 226B or 223B is power on, and the status light is green. Second, make sure that the device driver is installed correctly. Third, make sure the USB connection between the device and the computer is stable.
12. Windows 8 / 10 version of the driver cannot be successfully installed
For the software WLIR-IR v184.108.40.20678 or newer version, the driver is digital signed and the step of "driver signature enforcement" is no longer needed! Please check whether you downloaded the right version.
Please check whether the driver signature enforcement is disabled (Disable driver signature enforcement) . If this step is not performed ,the prompt below will appear. The second possibility is that a 32-bit driver (x86) or a 64-bit driver (x64) is installed on a 64-bit or 32-bit system, respectively.
13. Live detection
Live detection is a new feature that can verify whether the measured object is a real living body, which can exclude the effects of photos, videos, and screen recordings, etc.
Please note that this function will be continuously upgraded and may have a certain error rate.
To manually shut down, press and hold the power button for about 6 seconds.
If the device is disconnected from the software (software has been closed or the
computer is in sleep), the device will automatically shut down after 5 minutes.
15. Unable to detect faces
The face detection rate of the software cannot always be completely accurate. It is necessary to pay attention to these situations in which faces may not be successfully detected: people with black masks; people with long hair covering their foreheads; people with hats; people with less hair; people walking too fast, etc. Additionally, mis-identification may occur where other objects are mistakenly considered as human faces for temperature measurement.
16. Can the images not be saved?
You can go to system setting -> alarms -> uncheck the box for "Alarm snapshot" or "Face recognition snapshot".
17. Can it hide the digital image?
You can go to system setting and selece privacy mode. By this way, it will only display the infrared image without any snapshot.
18. Why do I get an error message "Invalid matching. ir image are not fully included in dc image." when I tried to match the IR and DC image?
This error message pops up when portion of IR camera field of view stands out of the scope of the digital image. The DC image position might be altered.
- Stand in front the camera, check whether the DC camera lens is aligned well vertically with the IR camera lens, if not, move the DC camera toward left or right to make the close vertical alignment.
- Get someone standing 2, 2,5, or 3m distance from the camera, remember this distance selection. By default it is 2m.
- Rotate the DC camera up/down to so every part of the person shown on the IR image should also be seen on the DC image
- There is a small arrow next to the menu "Match". Select the right distance and click "Match" to start the matching process.
- Move the red dot and green dot on both IR image and DC image around the human head. Make sure the feature position on the IR image can match the the same feature position on the DC image. Such as the ear, top left face corner, neck, etc.
19. What's the minimum computer requirement?
Computer with windows 7 or 10 OS and
- Core i5 7020 or above processor.
- 8GB or larger memory.
- 2x USB ports, USB 3.0 is better
- More than 20GB of available hard disk space.
- 1024 x 768 display minimum, 1400 or higher is recommended.
- Independent video card is recommended.
- Internet access.
- Audio output.
- Keyboard and Microsoft mouse, or compatible pointer device.
- Microsoft windows 7, 32/64 bit (you need to install. Net framework 4.0 or the program will not work normally), or
- Microsoft windows 10, 32/64 bit
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.